Audacious 3.7 releasedNovember 07, 2015
We have released Audacious 3.7. You can download it here.
- Playlists can be shuffled by whole albums rather than single tracks.
- Internet streams can be recorded while playing via a simple record button (GTK+ only).
- The playlist export window displays supported formats in a drop-down list (GTK+ only).
- A new, unified window has been added for managing equalizer presets (GTK+ only).
- The user interface automatically adjusts to be more usable on high-resolution screens (GTK+ only).
- An "Edit Lyrics" option has been added to the LyricWiki plugin, which opens the edit page for the current song.
- Guessing of missing tag fields can be disabled (#513).
- Decoding and playback of standard input is possible with e.g.
echo file.mp3 | audacious -
Qt interface improvements
The Qt interface can be customized with several new appearance settings. Many other small fixes and improvements, such as a visualizer in the info bar, have been made to bring the interface closer to feature-parity with the GTK+ interface.
In addition, the following plugins have been ported to Qt:
- Winamp Classic Interface
- Playlist Manager
- Search Tool
- Status Icon
Bugs fixed since Audacious 3.6.2
- Replay Gain information is read correctly from ID3v2.3 tags (#280).
- "Open Containing Folder" works on Microsoft Windows (#540).
- Internet streams no longer show a negative remaining time (#546).
- With JACK output, monaural streams are played to both speakers (#549).
- Older Winamp skins without eq_ex.bmp are loaded correctly (#555).
- Absolute file paths using legacy character sets are loaded correctly from M3U playlists (#568).
- Winamp skins with undersized bitmaps are displayed correctly (no more gray blocks).
Bugs fixed since Audacious 3.7-beta1
- Integer overflow producing pops/crackles when using 32-bit output (#577).
- M3U playlists containing a UTF-8 byte order mark were not loaded correctly (#580).
- OSSv4 output consuming 100% of CPU cycles when paused (#581).
- The latest version of libguess is included to allow character set detection on all systems.
- In dual GTK and Qt builds, incompatible plugins are hidden to avoid confusion.
- AdPlug has been updated to version 2.2.1 (#70). libbinio 1.4 is also included.
- Most audtool commands now apply to the playlist which is playing, even if it is in the background (#557).
- The crossfade effect handles songs of different sample rates more gracefully (no warning message). However, resampling is still recommended to avoid clicks between songs.